The Secretariat Office extends congratulations on the following four project proposals which have been selected to receive funding dedicated to further pursuing the four Digital and Entrepreneurship Academy program fields of Artificial Intelligence, Entrepreneurship, Tourism/Smart Cities and Intelligent Technology:
· University of Coimbra (Professor Jorge Sa Silva as Project Leader) in collaboration with Guangzhou University – “A New Learning Environment/Design Created on a New Technological-Based System” for the field of Artificial Intelligence
· Durban University of Technology (Professor Sibusiso Moyo as Project Leader) in collaboration with Guangzhou University – “Building Resilient Student Entrepreneurial Enterprises: The Pandemic and its Impact: Selected Case Studies” for the field of Entrepreneurship
· Center for Social Studies of the University of Coimbra (Professor Nancy Duxbury as Project Leader) in collaboration with the University of Quebec at Montreal, Western Sydney University, the University of Padova, Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and Guangzhou University – “Creating Tourism: Fostering Tourism and Cultural Synergies for Localized Strategic Approaches to Revitalization” for the field of Tourism/Smart Cities
· Linkoping University (Professor Yang Liu as Project Leader) in collaboration with Guangzhou University – “Intelligent Long-term Prediction and Optimization for Green Energy Transition” for the field of Intelligent Technology
Each of these four member universities will be awarded 50,000 RMB from the Secretariat Office to complete the following:
· Conduct any required research as identified in their proposal to ideally include collaboration with other Alliance members,
· Partner with an assigned Guangzhou University faculty member on this research and report/article
· Write a report/article of approximately 20,000 words,
· Allow the Alliance to share this research and report/article as appropriate,
· Seek publication opportunities for their report/article,
· Prepare for a possible short presentation on their research and findings during our annual conference to be held virtually, and
· Agree to conduct a future program on this research and findings for the Digital and Entrepreneurship Academy.
These reports/articles will be completed by early November in time to be shared virtually with our members during our annual conference on November 10, 2021.